Vascular Diode Laser 980nm
Diovas ™ is a 980nm laser Tran dermal diode; system with optical fibber transmission, designed to treat lastelangiectasias, small vessels (up to 4mm in diameter) and for other vascular diseases; a small footprint, advanced design and maximum stability Diovas™ bringing a new dimension to this cutting edge technology.
Parameters of the laser light
The treatment with diode laser 980 applies the principle of selective photothermolysis. Laser light Diovas ™ is absorbed by the oxy haemoglobin of the blood, so the vessels may be coagulated under the skin without any injury. The 980nm wavelength of Diovas™ laser ensures:
- Good absorption by the oxy haemoglobin.
- Lower absorption by the epidermal melanin.
- Good tissue penetration.
The laser light is applied to the skin along the path of the vascular lesion, while the heat coagulates and closes the vessel (photothermocoagulation) without damaging the skin or surrounding tissue.
The advantages of not producing purple, excellent dermal penetration, less chance of pigmentation disorders compared to other treatments, no bandages are needed, no allergic reactions and no needles or bruising.
Due to the low absorption of this wavelength by melanin, this treatment can be performed in high photo types and in all seasons. In addition, the patient can return to normal activity immediately
How does the laser act?
- Facial Telangiectasia.
- Telangiectasia and spider veins in the lower extremities.
- Nevus flammeus or port wine stain.
- Vennos lake lips.
- Rubí points.
- Keep the laser head at an angle of 45 degrees with the skin.
- Cool the area after the treatment.
- Apply ant inflammatory cream during 2-3 days.
- Protect the area from the sun after treatment.
- For removing most small varicosities will be necessary 2 to 4 sessions per area. This treatment is performed at intervals of 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the skin and the treated problem.
Telangiectasias – 3 sessions
Rubies spots – 2 sessions